Private First Class Silas J. Chapman was born on August 14, 1924. His parents were Jasper and Minnie Chapman. He had one brother, Theodore Chapman. By 1930, Silas Chapman was living with his family on a farm in Campbell County, Tennessee. He married Willie Marie Millsaps on August 18, 1942, and the two of them lived in Blount County, Tennessee.
Forest Hill Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, Tennessee, USA
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 August 1924
- Date of death: 18 October 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hill Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Silas J. Chapman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.