Private First Class Sean Paul Dodson was born on May 15, 1946, and was originally from Sparta, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as an infantryman in B Company, 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division. His tour in Vietnam began on September 16, 1965. Nearly half of a year later, on March 4, 1966, PFC Dodson was killed while under hostile conditions in Binh Duong province, South Vietnam; he was nineteen years old at the time of his death. PFC Dodson is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 5E, Line 101.
Photo courtesy of Wendell Walker
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 May 1946
- Date of death: 4 March 1966
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Sparta
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 28th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Smith Chapel Cemetery, Pleasant Hill, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Sean P. Dodson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.