Samuel Warmuth Peebles Jr.
Born 22 November 1916
Died 22 November 1944
Buried at Maple View Cemetery, Smyrna, TN
Lt Peebles was the pilot of a Havilland Mosquito NF.MK.XVII, Registrion HK344. He and Ensign Eris Richard Grinndal (obs), U.S. Navy, were killed at Horstead Hall, Norfolk in the United Kingdom when he hit trees after take-off.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Warmuth Peebles Sr., 125 South Lovell Street, Chattanooga
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 22 November 1916
- Date of death: 22 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: 68 Squadron RAF
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Maple View Cemetery, Smyrna, Rutherford County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Samuel W. Peebles Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.