Samuel (Sam) Mason Hill was born 12 May 1896, Decatur, Tennessee to J.F. and Martha R. Hill. He entered the service June 23, 1918 at Decatur, Tennessee and received his training at Camp Gordon at Atlanta, Georgia. He sailed to Europe on August 23, 1918 arriving September 7. He arrived in France on 15 September. He died of broncho pneumonia at Condrecourt, France. He was buried at Pisgeh Cemetery at Condrecourt on November 18.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 May 1896
- Date of death: 14 November 1918
- County: Meigs
- Hometown: Decatur
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 157th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pisgah Cemetery, Meigs County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Samuel M. Hill
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.