1st Lieutenant Samuel M. Dykes was assigned to M company, 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. The Division assaulted the Siegfried Line south of Zweibrucken on the 15th of March 1945.
1st Lt Dykes was killed in action on the 15th of March 1945. He is interred at the Lorraine American Cemetery, St Avold, France, plot K, row 21, grave 10.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 23 January 1919
- Date of death: 15 March 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Samuel M. Dykes
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.