Samuel Alfred Ogle was the son of James Edward Ogle and Martha Ann Ogle. Private First Class Ogle served in Battery A, 5th Field Artillery and died in France of wounds received in action. His remains were transported back to America and under Special Order #64 were transported by special train from Hoboken, New Jersey to Washington D.C. and then to Knoxville.
PFC Ogle is buried at Chilhowee Cemetery, Sevier County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 July 1899
- Date of death: 5 October 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Seymour
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery A, 5th Field Artillery AEF
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Luneville, Lorraine, Montdidier, Pont O Moussoon, St. Mihiel, Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chilhowee Cemetery, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Samuel A. Ogle
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.