Sam Thornton Haskew was killed in action at Ponte Rotto, Italy, near Anzio, approximately March 1, 1944. Private and apparently later promoted to staff sergeant. Company K, 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Army. Born in Comfort South Pittsburg, Tennessee in 1925. Age 19 at time of death. Originally interred in U.S. cemetery Nettuno, Italy, now in Gilliam Cemetery, Marion County, Tennessee. Remains returned to the United States in 1948.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 25 May 1924
- Date of death: 1 March 1944
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Comfort, Tn
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Anzio Beach
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gilliam Cemetery, Kimball, Marion County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Sam T. Haskew
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.