Samuel Majors “Sam” Harrell was born 9 September 1911, Claiborne, Tennessee to John Hamilton Harrell and Catherine (Kate) Majors
He enlisted 6 Jun 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He died non Battle in New Guinea.
Buried at Manila, Philippines American Cemetery
Plot D, Row 11, Grave 133
The Knoxville Journal, September 17, 1944
Cpl. Sam M. Harrell, 34, son of Mrs. Kate Harrell and the late John Harrell, Thorn Hill, was killed in action in New Guinea July 18. Corporal Harrell was a farmer before entering service three years ago. He has a brother, Hint Harrell in the service.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 9 September 1911
- Date of death: 18 July 1944
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Thorn Hill
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 114th Field Artillery Battalion, 31st Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Sam M. Harrell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.