Staff Sergeant Sam Eugene Stout was born on December 9, 1925, the Son of Mr and Mrs Joe Buck Stout, Newland, NC. Father to Jack & Joe Stout. He was originally from Elizabethton, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as a specialist in HHC, Long Binh Post, Army SPT Command Saigon, 1st Logistic Command. His tour began on April 1, 1970. Less than one month later, on April 23, 1970, SSgt. Stout died from a heart attack in Bien Hoa province, South Vietnam at the age of 44. He is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 8W, Line 134.
He is buried in the Emmert Cemetery in the Keenburg section of Carter County, TN.
Picture from Tom Reese
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 9 December 1925
- Date of death: 23 April 1970
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 1st Logistic Command
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: The Good Conduct Medal with Devices, The National Defense Service Medal, The Vietnam Service Medal, The Vietnam Campaign Medal and The Vietnamese Gallantry Cross Unit Citation
- Burial/Memorial Location: Emmert Cemetery, Keenburg section, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Sam E. Stout
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.