Bugler Sam Everett Myers was born in Piney Flats, Tennessee, son of Rebecca Taylor. He joined the Army at the age of 19. He was assigned to the 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division AEF. He was killed in action on 17 October 1918 and is interred at D,21,11, Somme American Cemetery, Bony France.
- Rank: Bugler
- Date of birth: 3 December 1897
- Date of death: 17 October 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Piney Flats
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellecourt near Esteres; near Busigny; near Molain
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: John W. Merrell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.