Rudolph Harris was born at Athens, Georgia to Richard Harris and Addie Sheets. He was married to Lois L. Dodson and had a son, Williard Harris. He and wife and son were residing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Master Sergeant Harris was a veteran of World War II. In Korea, he was a member of Battery B, 503rd Field Artillery, 2nd Infantry Division. He was taken Prisoner of War while fighting the enemy near Kunu-ri, North Korea on December 1, 1950 and died of malnutrition while a prisoner. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Master Sergeant
- Date of birth: 31 March 1911
- Date of death: 12 January 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 503rd Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Prisoner of War Medal, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Korea War Service Medal, and the World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Rudolph Harris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.