Rudolph Burton was the son of Francis Marion Burton and Maudie Belle Bowlin.
Private First Class Rudolph Burton was assigned to the 170th Field Artillery Battalion attached to the 9th Infantry Division. At the time of his death the 9th Division had captured the bridge at Remagen and had crossed the Rhine River established a new front and was proceeding in all directions into Germany from the bridgehead.
PFC Burton was killed in action on 21 March 1945. He is interred at B,5,29, Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, France.
Rogersville review, April 26, 1945
Pfc. Rudolph Burton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Francis Burton of route 1, Pressmen’s Home, was killed in action in Germany March 21, 1945. He had been in service since 1942 and went overseas this year.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 May 1920
- Date of death: 21 March 1945
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Pressmen's Home
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 170th Field Artillery Battalion, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Rudolph Burton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.