Roy Sparks died of wounds suffered near Nothum, Luxembourg.
The Knoxville Journal, February 25, 1945
Pvt. Roy Sparks Jr. died Jan. 19 in Belgium after being wounded in action. He had been in service seven months and overseas one month. He was the son of Mrs. Joe Keys of Greenback, and the grandson of Mrs. George Sparks of Maryville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 July 1920
- Date of death: 19 January 1945
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Greenback
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 359th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Salem Baptist Church Cemetery, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy Sparks Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.