Sergeant Roy H. McPeters, US Army Air Force, was assigned to Headquarters, 27th Bomber Group L. This unit was caught in the Philippines and fought at Bataan as infantry before being sent on the Bataan Death March. His date of death is 7 September 1944, and he is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
Sgt McPeters was captured on 7 May 1942 at Philippine Islands and taken Prisoner of war. He was sent to PW Camp #2 – Davao Mindanao Philippines 7-125 and died non battle on the Shinyo Maru on 7 September 1944.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of death: 7 September 1944
- County: Roane
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 27th Bomber Group Light
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy H. McPeters