Roy Gardner was born in Baileyton, Greene County, Tennessee, son of George Washington Gardner and Martha Almira McLain. He entered the service on 30 November 1917 at Greenville and trained at Camp Gordon in Georgia and Camp Sevier, South Carolina where he died of nephritis at the age of 26.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 August 1891
- Date of death: 21 August 1918
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Baileyton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, Development Battalion Camp Sevier
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Weems Cemetery, Van Hill, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy Gardner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.