Roy Ernest Wheeler was born in Bristol, Virginia on 3 April 1925 to Isaiah Newton Wheeler and Lucy Maude Fraizer. He entered the armed forces on July 17, 1943 and received training at Camp Haan in California, Camp Carson in Colorado and Camp Pickett in Virginia before going overseas in October, 1944. He was killed in action on 14 December 1944 in the Hurtgen Forest, Germany.
Buried at Glenwood Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 April 1925
- Date of death: 14 December 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 309th Infantry Regiment, 78th Infantry Division, Company F
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Glenwood Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy E. Wheeler
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.