Private Roy E. Clayton was born on April 12, 1923.
Enlisted June 20, 1941, Fort McPherson, Atlanta, GA. U.S. Army, Demolition Detachment. Buried at Honolulu Memorial in Honolulu, HI, USA, B, 241. He was returned from Ipswich USAF Cemetery in Brisbane, Australia.
Civil Occupation: architect.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, August 22, 1943
Pvt. Roy E. Clayton died Aug. 13 from injuries received in an accident in the South Pacific area, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. T.A. Clayton, of 201 West Louisiana Avenue, were informed last night by the War Department. Details of the accident were not given. Pvt. Clayton, who was 21, was overseas for about a year. He was in Australia for several months. He entered service June 18, 1941. Before enlisting, Pvt. Clayton was a student at Christenberry Junior High School.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 April 1923
- Date of death: 13 August 1943
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy E. Clayton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.