Roy Bernard Johnson was born 9 February 1882 at Riceville, McMinn County, Tennessee to James F. and Mary Johnson. He entered the service September 1, 1917 at Knoxville, Tn and trained at Camp Sevier in Greenville, South Carolina. He sailed to Europe May 11, 1918.
Sgt Johnson was killed in action on the Hindenburg drive, Bellicourt, France. He is buried at Spring Creek Methodist Church Cemetery, Riceville, McMinn County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 9 February 1882
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Riceville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt area, Somme Offensive and Defensive Sectors
- Burial/Memorial Location: Spring Creek Methodist Church Cemetery, Riceville, McMinn County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy B. Johnson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.