Roy A. Crawford was born in 1924 in Pennsylvania to William Matt Crawford and Ida Leota Arnold. He attended Sullivan High School for one year.
Private Roy A. Crawford was assigned to the 168th Infaantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division. The Division landed on Anzio Beach and was holding defensive position until the break out on the 25th of May 1944.
Private Crawford was killed in action on 10 May 1944 and was interred at Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy, located at D,11,6.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 10 May 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 168th Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Anzio Beach
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roy A. Crawford
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.