Roscoe Moore Slaton was born in Dandridge, Tennessee to Frank M. Slaton and Amanda M. Bryan. He entered the service in May, 1912 at Columbus, Ohio and received his training at Camp Joseph E. Johnston in Johnstonville, Florida. He saw service in Canal Zone from Fall of 1914 to Spring of 1917. He died at the age of 24 at Jacksonville, Florida of influenza and pneumonia. He is buried at Shady Grove Cemetery in Dandridge.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 July 1891
- Date of death: 4 February 1919
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Dandridge
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Quartermaster Corps
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shady Grove Cemetery, Dandridge, Jefferson County, Tennessee,
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roscoe M. Slaton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.