Lance Corporal Ronnel Louie Waugh was born on July 3, 1945, and was originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He was the son of Mr. Warner L. Waugh & Mrs. Stella I. Waugh, and husband of Mrs. Aloma K. Waugh. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Marine Corps, as a rifleman in K Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marines, 3rd Marine Division. His tour began on August 29, 1968. On February 25, 1969, LCpl. Waugh was killed in action from artillery fire in Quang Tri province, South Vietnam. He was 23 years old at the time of his death. LCpl. Waugh is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 31W, Line 61.
Picture from www.honorstates.org
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of birth: 3 July 1945
- Date of death: 25 February 1969
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Marines, 3rd Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lakewood Memorial Gardens, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ronnel L. Waugh
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.