His full name was James Monroe West. He was the husband of Bertha Mae Jenkins and father of Ruby Evelyn West. He died in France of pneumonia.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 28 July 1886
- Date of death: 18 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Calhoun
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 304th Wagon Company, Quartermaster Corps
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Calhoun Community Cemetery, Calhoun, McMinn County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Roe West
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.