Robert Ocar Dotson entered the Service From Tennessee
U.S. Army, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
Died Wednesday, July 26, 1944
Buried at Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
Plot D Row 18 Grave 12
Staff Sgt. Robert Oscar Dotson is reported missing in action since July 26. Sgt. Dotson entered the service in 1941 and had been overseas since January 19th. He is the son of the late Rev. O.R. and Mary Jane Dotson. He also has a wife and child, four brothers and one sister. It is hoped he may yet be living.
His widow’s obituary:
Addie Lucille Saffles, age 86, Maryville, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2009, at her home. She was a member of Broadway Baptist Church and was preceded in death by her first husband, Robert Oscar Dotson, who died during World War 11; and their first baby daughter, Norma Dotson; Harrison Frank Saffles…..
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 5 August 1914
- Date of death: 26 July 1944
- County: Monroe
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert O. Dotson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.