Robert Marion Robertson was born 8 August 1917 to Frances Marion Robertson and Sarah Alice Rambo.
PFC Robertson was killed in action near St. Georges de Rouelley, France on 4 August 1944. He is buried at Pigeon Forge Baptist Cemetery, Pigeon Forge, Sevier County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, September 2, 1944
Commando Marion R. Robertson, 27, son of Mr. and Mrs. F.M. Robertson of Pigion Forge, Tenn., was killed in action in France, Aug. 4., according to information received by his parents from the War Department. Commando Robertson entered the service in April, 1942, and served overseas for 22 months. He fought in the battles of Africa, Sicily and France. Commando Robertson has two brothers in service, Staff Sgt. Emert Robertson, stationed in the South Pacific, and Pfc. Tip Robertwon, England. Commando Robertson was a graduate of Tennessee Wesleyan College and State College in Memphis.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 August 1917
- Date of death: 4 August 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Pigeon Forge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 82nd Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Armored Division, Company A
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pigeon Forge Baptist Cemetery, Pigeon Forge, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert M. Robertson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.