Private First Class Robert Marshall Buckner was a member of the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea Sept. 9, 1950.
Pfc. Robert M. Buckner entered the service in 1949 and went to Korea in August, 1950. Formerly of Powell, he was the son of the late Mrs. Myrtle Jackson. He leaves one brother, John H. Buckner of Knoxville; one sister, Mrrrs. Lois Yup, New York City; two half-brothers, George Jackson Jr., who is in Korea and Charles Jackson; one half-sister, Miss Ella Mae Jackson, and stepfather George Jackson, all of Knoxville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 September 1929
- Date of death: 9 September 1950
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bookwalter Cemetery, North Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert M. Buckner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.