Robert Mosby Allen
Buried at the Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France (plot I, 3, 36)
“Drew 3” was a US Navy unit that operated the Mulberry Harbor off Gold Beach. This was Mulberry B as Mulberry A was destroyed in a storm in June.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Mosby Allen, 607 Hickory Street, Clinton, TN.
- Rank: Aviation Ordnanceman Third Class
- Date of death: 4 August 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: Drew 3
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert M. Allen
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.