Parents: Arthur H. and Ethel Talley
Sibling: James V. Talley
Grandmother: Susan C. Talley
Aunt: Lillie Talley
Enlisted on January 24, 1941, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Robert Talley died non battle
The Knoxville Journal, April 25, 1943
Private First Class Robert L. Talley, 23, died at 11:05 a.m. Saturday at Camp Blanding, Florida, where he was stationed with 117th Infantry Regiment, Headquarters Company, Second Battalion. He had been in the U.S. Army two and half years.
Survivors: father, A.H. Talley, Knoxivlle; one brother, Vernon Talley, Detroit, Mich.; two sisters, Mrs. Robert H. Costner and Miss Joyce Talley. He was a member of Euclid Avenue Baptist Church. The body will bes end from Camp Blanding to Knoxville, arrival date not announced.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 December 1919
- Date of death: 24 April 1943
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment, Headquarters Company, 2nd Battalion
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. Talley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.