Private 1st Class Robert Lamar “Bobby” McArthur was born on September 28, 1949, and was originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, with B Company, 720th MP Battalion, 89th MP Group, 18th MP Brigade, where he served as a military policeman. His tour in Vietnam began on December 3, 1969. On January 31, 1969, he died under non-hostile conditions in Bien Hoa, South Vietnam. PFC McArthur was 20 at the time of his death; he is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 14W, Line 85. The following are tributes to PFC McArthur:
life long friend
P.o. Box 9627
Chattanooga, tn 37412 USA
We miss you, you will always be in our hearts.
Was raised and played together for years. Will always remember the good times we had as kids. Ws good to see you in Bien Hoa. Rest in peace.
Monday, August 13, 2001
Your strength and humility will always be remembered. People like you are examples for us all. I was your youth director at the Rossville Church of God of Prophecy. Your sacrifice will always be remembered and honored.
Posted by: Bill & Kathy Ingram
Relationship: We were close friends
Monday, January 24, 2005
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 28 September 1949
- Date of death: 31 January 1969
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 89th MP Group, 720th MP Battalion
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lakewood Memory Gardens South, Lakeview, Catoosa County, Georgia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. McArthur