Robert Leroy “Roy” Kinnaman served as a seaman 2nd class aboard the cruiser USS Indianapolis (CA-35). After delivering the components for the atomic bomb to Tinian Islan, his ship was torpedoed and sunk July 30, 1945. He was lost at sea. He is memorialized at Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of death: 30 July 1945
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Indianapolis (CA-35)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. Kinnaman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.