Sergeant First Class Robert Lee Jennings was born on October 30, 1930 in Scott County, Tennessee. He was the son of John William Jennings and Eva Lee McDavid Jennings. His brothers were Kenneth, Clarence, Dempsey, Charles, Howard, and his sisters were Lena, Bernice, and Reba.
Sergeant Jennings served as a Light Weapons Assault Crewman or Light Weapons Infantry Leader with the 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on June 4, 1951. He is buried in Mountain View Cemetery in Lake City, Anderson County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Sergeant First Class
- Date of birth: 30 October 1930
- Date of death: 4 June 1951
- County: Anderson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mountain View Cemetery, Lake City, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Jack Reed
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.