Robert L. Bennett was born in Erwin, Tennessee, the son of William Amos Bennett and Fannie Hughes.
Private First Class Robert L. Bennett was assigned to the 329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division. He entered the US Army from Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia on the 29th of August 1944. Before entering the service he had worked as a stablehand. At the time of his death the 83rd was crossing the Rhine River South of Wesel and advancing across the Munster Plains. He died on 6 April 1945 and is interred at F,17,2, Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 30 March 1925
- Date of death: 6 April 1945
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Erwin
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. Bennett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.