Robert Lee Amiel was born in Summitville, Tennessee to Jerome A. Amiel and Minnie Rogers.
Technical Sergeant Robert L. Amiel was assigned to the 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division. The 30th Infantry Division came ashore at Omaha Beach and was involved in the fight for Normandy at the time of his death. He was killed in action 14 July 1944 and is interred at I,27,17 Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 21 December 1917
- Date of death: 14 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert L. Amiel
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.