Private First Class Robert Joseph Vineyard was a member of the 3rd Engineering Combat Battalion, 24th Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy near Taejon, South Korea, July 20, 1950.
Next of kin: his mother, Mrs. Henry Lee LeCoultre, 398 Schofield Avenue, brothers, Paul, Dayton, O., and M.K. Vineyard, Knoxville half-brother, Tommy Kidwell, and half-sister, Betty Lou Kidwell, both of Knoxville and grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Harmon, Knoxville. Services were held at Tennessee Avenue Baptist Church, with burial in New Gray Cemetery. Also survived by his father, Murray K. Vineyard, Sr. and stepmother Lillian Vineyard, and half brother, Maurice Vineyard, of Maryville, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 12 August 1929
- Date of death: 20 July 1950
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Engineering Combat Battalion, 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Korea War Service Medal, and the National Defense Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert J. Vineyard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.