Private First Class Robert J. Francis, US Army, was assigned to Company G of the 397th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division. From 12-19 November 1944, the 100th Division was engaged in breaching the Vosges Winter Line held by the Germans.
PFC Francis was killed in action on 18th of November 1944. He was interred at the Epinal American Cemetery, B,7,58 Epinal, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 30 July 1919
- Date of death: 18 November 1944
- County: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 397th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Epinal American Cemetery, Epinal (Vosges), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert J. Francis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.