Robert Glen McGhee was born on 4 July 1927
He died 23 February 1944 at Pacific Beach, Grays Harbor, Washington
U.S. Navy Reserve SV. V-6
The Knoxville Journal, March 2, 1944
Seaman Second Class Robert Glenn McGhee was killed in an airplane crash Feb. 23 at Puget Sound, Wash. Body arrived at the home of his grandfather, George W. Burris, Jacksboro, Wednesday. Funeral service Thursday at Mt. Zion Methodist Church.
Survivors: father, Russell McGhee, Jacksboro; mother and stepfather, Mr. and Mrs. A.V. Greenwood, both of Jacksboro; grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. D.M. McGhee and Mr. and Mrs. George W. Burris; three stepbrothers, Sgt. Thomas Greenwood, located in a Northwestern State, Sgt. Gene Greenwood and Sgt. James Greenwood, both in England and one step-sister, Mrs. Andy Goodwin, Tampa, Fla.
Burial in Willoughby Cemetery.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 4 July 1927
- Date of death: 23 February 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Jacksboro
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Willoughby Cemetery, Jacksboro, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert G. McGhee
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.