Robert Garrett Buchanan was born in 1893 in Chattanooga, Tennessee to Judson and Angie Coffey Buchanan. He received training at Camp Oglethorpe in Georgia and was transferred from 308th M.P. at Camp Jackson in South Carolina to the 313th Cavalry. He died of Septicemia on August 13, 1918 at Camp Perry in Ohio
The picture of Lieutenant Buchanan is from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 8 December 1893
- Date of death: 13 August 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Troop B, 313th Cavalry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert G. Buchanan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.