Born 24 March 1917
Enlisted 21 April 1941, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Died of wounds 3 June 1944
Buried at Lynnhurst Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
894th Tank Destroyer Battalion, Company C
-Parents: Robert C. and Susie Wallace
-Siblings: Marie Wallace, Louise Wallace, and Elinore Wallace
The Knoxville Journal, July 2, 1944
Second Lt. R.C. (Tubbie) Wallace, son of Mrs. Susie Wallace, Route 6, died of wounds received in action in Italy on June 3, according to information received by Mrs. Wallace from the War Department. Lieutenant Wallace had been overseas a year and had seen action on the Anzio beachhead within the past few months. He entered the Army in April, 1941, and trained in a tank destroyer battalion in a Southern state camp. He received his commission in November, 1942. Lieutenant Wallace was a member of Smithwood Baptist Church and also a member of the Tennessee Valley Hiking club. He was a skating enthusiast.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 24 March 1917
- Date of death: 3 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 894th Tank Destroyer Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lynnhurst Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert C. Wallace Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.