Private First Class Robert C. Garden, US Army, was assigned to the 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division. In July of 1944, the 4th ID was engaged against the left flank of the German 7th Army, during the Normandy Campaign.
PFC Garden died of his wounds received on the 29th of July 1944. He was interred in the Normandy American Cemetery, C,10,19, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 29 July 1944
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Robert C. Garden
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.