Richard Zemry Trentham was born 17 April 1896, Sevier County, Tennessee, son of Richard I. and Sallie Trentham. He trained at Camp Pike, Little Rock, Arkansas and Camp Milla, N.Y. He sailed to Europe August 15, 1918, arriving August 24. He was wounded and died 11 October 1918 in the Argonne, France.
Pvt Trentham is buried at White Oak Flats Cemetery, Gatlinburg, Sevier County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 April 1896
- Date of death: 11 October 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company H, 126th Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Argonne, Romagne
- Burial/Memorial Location: White Oak Flats Cemetery, Gatlinburg, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Richard Z. Trentham
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.