Richard Lloyd Turner
Born 15 January 1929
Corporal Turner was a member of the 7th Reconnaissance Company, 7th Infantry Division. He was seriously wounded by the enemy in North Korea on October 28, 1951 and died of those wounds the following day. He is buried at Fairview Cemetery, Kingsport, TN.
The Kingsport Times, Jan. 11, 1952
Funeral services for Cpl. Richard L. Turner, 23, will be held Sunday at the Fall Branch Baptist Church. Burial will be in the Fairview Cemetery.
Cpl. Turner entered the armed forces December 15, 1950. His body will be returned to Kingsport Friday and will be taken to the home of his sister, Mrs. Howard Fulwiler, Fall Branch. He is survived by is mother, Mrs. Ada B. Turner; one sister and one brother, S/Sgt Buford B. Turner, U.S. Air Force, Tucson, Ariz.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 15 January 1929
- Date of death: 29 October 1951
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Reconnaissance Company, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fairview Cemetery, Kingsport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Richard L. Turner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.