Born 4 August 1911
Died non Battle 21 March 1945
Son of Charles Chambers and L. Jennie Janie Swann. Husband of Lilly Gae Pierce. Father of Jewell and Reeldon Kenith Chambers Jr.
Buried at Riceville Cemetery, Cleveland, TN
Private First Class
283rd Engineer Combat Battalion
Daily Post Athenian, April 4, 1945
Miss Jewell Chambers of Riceville has been informed by a message from the War Department that her father, Pfc. Reeldon R. Chambers has been killed in action in France. Pfc. Chambers had been in service for one year, and overseas for the past eight months. Before entering the armed forces he was employed by the Stivers Lumber Co. Of Cleveland, Tennessee.
Pfc. Chambers is survived by three children, Jewell, Jo Ann and Reeldon Jr.; his mothers, Mrs. Janie Chambers, all of Riceville; three brothers, R.P. Chambers of Athens, Sgt Rolph Chambers somewhere in Germany and Rothaldes Chambers of Baltimore, Maryland; four sisters, Mrs. W.D. Norht of Knoxville, Mrs. Arter Colloms of Riceville, Mrs. J.D Perkinson of Riceville and Lt Ray Z. Chambers of the Waves, stationed at Gulfport, Mississippi.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 4 August 1911
- Date of death: 21 March 1945
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Cleveland, Tn
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 283rd Engineer Combat Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Riceville Cemetery, Cleveland, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Reeldon R. Chambers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.