Technician 5th Class Raymond Ulis Bright was born in 1921. He was the son of Charles Michael Bright and Eva Sarah Greenlee Bright. He was the brother of Novella Elizabeth Bright Weaver, Carl Bright, Beulah E. Bright (who died as a child), Margaret Bright (who died in infancy), Roxie Bright (who died in infancy), Louise Bright Adkins McGinnis, and Charlie Mae Bright Arp.
He attended Central High School in Knoxville.
Technician 5th Class Bright enlisted in the military on September 8, 1942. He served in the 30th Signal Construction Battalion in the Italian Campaign. He died on Wednesday, October 6, 1943. His death is listed as died non-battle. He is buried in Sicily-Rome American Cemetery in Nettuno, Italy (Plot H, Row 13, Grave 50).
Raymond U. Bright is my uncle. My mom is Eva Louise Bright Mcginnis. Louise divorced as a McGinnis and has 4 other children including me. My dad’s name is Charles Steven Adkins Jr. Mom gave birth to me on September 5,1970. I am the youngest of a total of 11 children. I want to sponsor my uncle. I reside in Antioch,Tn.
–Submitted by Angela Robin Adkins Destefano
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of death: 6 October 1943
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Signal Construction Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Angela Robin Adkins Destefano
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.