Born 25 August 1923
Raymond Pierce served in the Army during WWII and was awarded the Bronze Star. He later served in Korea and was KIA. Attached photos are his WWII and Korea Enlistments and a photo of him receiving the bronze star in Germany.
Sergeant Pierce was a member of the 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division.
Buried at Caldwell Springs Cemetery, Elizabethton, TN
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 25 August 1923
- Date of death: 3 June 1951
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Caldwell Springs Cemetery, Elizabethton, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Paul Wilson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.