Raymond Oliver Ledford was born on 4 August 1922 at Decatur, Tennessee to Harry James “Slim”Ledford and Jimmie Lee Cordell
Died 31 January 1945
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 389
184th Infantry, Company E
Pvt Ledford was initially buried at the USAF Cemetery, Leyte #1.
Pvt. Ledford was reported killed in action on Camotes Island in the Pacific theater of operations on Jan. 31. He entered the army in November, 1942, and had been overseas for 22 months.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 August 1922
- Date of death: 31 January 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 184th Infantry, Company E
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Raymond O. Ledford
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.