Technical Sergeant Raymond L. Jones was born on January 24, 1915. He was the son of Wootson Jones. He had six brothers, Lacy Jones, Harrison Jones, Burl A. Jones, Carl Jones, Kelly R. Jones, and Harvy Jones. He also had two sisters, Jennie Jones and Challie Jones. He was the grandson of Bledsoe Jones. Technical Sergeant Jones enlisted in the military and served in World War II in the 345th Infantry. Sometime in his life, he lived in Quay, New Mexico, which is listed as his official residence by the military. During his service in Korea, he was a member of the 19th Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on August 3, 1950. He is buried in Batley Cemetery in Clinton, Tennessee.
Picture from: www.honorstates.org/
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 24 January 1915
- Date of death: 3 August 1950
- County: Anderson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II, Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Batley Cemetery, Clinton, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Raymond L. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.