22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, Company G
Pvt Rayford Coy Paskell was initially buried at Ste-Mère-Eglise No. 2, Carentan, France.
He is buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on July 23, 1948 (Section A, Plot 5694)
He was one of four bodies of Knoxville men returned to the United States aboard the U.S. Army transport Greeneville Victory.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 February 1925
- Date of death: 10 July 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Rayford C. Paskell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.