Ray Woody was born January 15, 1918, to the late Cleve and Mary Woody of Del Rio, Tennessee.
Staff Sgt Ray Woody was killed in action January 1, 1945, in Bastogne, Belgium, according to a letter from Chaplain David G. Colwell of May 13, 1945, to Mrs. Mary Woody, as he was leading his squad forward in the woods and was hit by three bullets and killed instantly.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 15 January 1918
- Date of death: 1 January 1945
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Del Rio
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 44th Armored Infantry Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Clark Cemetery, Newport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ray Woody
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.