Sergeant Gentry was a member of the 2nd Reconnaissance Company, 2nd Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
The Bristol Herald Courier, September 13, 1951
Funeral services for Sgt. Ray Gentry, 21, son of Mrs. Martha Gentry of Shady Valley, Tenn., who was killed Feb. 14 of this year in Korea, will be held at the Shady Valley Presbyterian Church.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 28 October 1930
- Date of death: 14 February 1951
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Shady Valley
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Reconnaissance Company, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gentry Cemetery, Shady Valley, Johnson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ray Gentry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.