Sergeant Ray F. Henry was born in Blount County, Tennessee, 7 February 1930. He was a member of the 77th Medium Tank Battalion, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on July 31, 1950. He was possibly killed under a bridge that was shelled by the enemy. Sergeant Henry and 14 others of the 77th Medium Tank Battalion had sought refuge there with their wounded comrade, Fowler. Sergeant Henry was one of the eight soldiers that did not return from that mission.
Buried at Clarks Grove Cemetery, Maryville, TN.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 7 February 1930
- Date of death: 31 July 1950
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Clarks Grove Cemetery, Maryville, TN.
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ray F. Henry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.