Ransom Earl Sampley was born at South Pittsburg, Tennessee to Albert and Ollie Sampley. He enlisted on 26 August 1916 at Columbus Bks, Ohio as a Private. He resided at Rome, Floyd County in Georgia. He got promoted to Private First Class on 1 May 1918. He died at the age of 18. PFC Sampley was initially buried at the Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne sous Montfaucon, Meuse, France.
Arlington National Cemetery, Plot Section EUR, Site 3636
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 March 1898
- Date of death: 12 September 1918
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Richard City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Machine Gun Company, 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Meuse
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ransom E. Sampley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.